Police Commander acts as overall executive of a given governmental police department. They possess extensive experience in managing law enforcement agencies. They are highly trained in the conduct of direct crime prevention operations that includes patrol, community service, training, investigations and other law enforcement administrative service. They oversee daily police assignments and activities through subordinates and also coordinate internal investigation among members of the department for alleged wrongdoings. They direct office activities such as preparation of department budget proposals, maintenance of police records and recruitment of staff. They negotiate with government officials for budget appropriations. They are also dynamic leaders with expertise in development of strategic projects and programs that advance service to diverse community.
Police Commander Resume Format
Finsbury Park, LondonN4 5LN
Assistant Chief of Police Officer seeking a position as Police Commander with the goal of preserving law and order and designing and enforcement of functional programs to prevent crimes.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of experience as an Assistant Chief of Police Officer
- Strong knowledge of the code and policies in over-all crime prevention, detection and investigation
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Power Point etc
- Certified Protection Professional
- High degree of skills in management, crisis and response and budget planning
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Assistant Chief of Police Officer, London Police
- Successfully served as second in command to Chief of Police for four years
- Leader in the conduct of advance training of subordinates in Discipline Management Skills, Law Enforcement Specialized Training and Case Investigations.
- Provided assistance in the preparation of Annual Budget Plan of the Special Operations Group
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration, London University
Reference will be provided upon request.