The professional resume format entails a more meticulous presentation of your career details. This means that the format used muse be appropriate for the type of career that you belong to.
This also implies that good English must be used because many employers discriminate against improper use of English in resumes of various types of professions.
To start, write your personal information, such as name, address, contact number, and email address as your resume heading. The first section must present your career objective using a brief statement.
The next section, which is usually the career summary profile, may be optional. It you decide to include this, present your most important attainments in the field in bullet points. Tackle your work experience next using a reverse chronological format. Write the details of your functions in each position taken concisely in bullet points.
Next, present your professional qualifications which are relevant to your profession. Remember that this section varies from profession to profession. You must choose the most appropriate heading and content for your specific career field.
Your Educational background is presented next. Other than the details, such as course, school, and dates, you need not elaborate on this section for this format. End your resume with character references.
Professional Resume Format and Example
81 Main Street, Bangor,
Seeking a suitable management level position in Information Technology to enhance my skill and knowledge in this profession
- Presently employed as a Database Administrator
- More than 4 years of experience in Information Technology management
- Proficient in programming languages and networking solutions
- Handles different types of systems and database programs
Database Administrator 2007 – present
Port Jervis, New York, USA
- Decides what data to be store and how to effectively preserve that information for the company.
- Maintains the integrity of the data stored for the company.
- Troubleshoots error encountered during storage of essential information.
- Keep hackers and unauthorized personnel in accessing the database by providing security programs.
Network System Administrator 2006 – 2007
Portland, Maine, USA
- In charge of installing computer hardware and wiring necessary in computer networking.
- Responsible for the synchronized operation of computers in the network.
- Conducts regular maintenance check for hardware and software errors.
Computer Programmer and Analyst 2005 – 2006
Portland, Maine, USA
- Code programs using VB6, PHP,ASP.NET
- Design and create programs and database suitable for the companies needs.
- Test created programs for bugs and error and provides solution for it.
- Consults with the group in different methods of constructing the program.
- Visual Basic 6, Oracle, ASP. NET, MS SQL, Cobol, Java, Visual Studio.Net, PHP
- TCP/IP, CICS, Windows NT 4.0 Sever
- Linux, Windows NT/2000, UNIX , MS/DOS, DOS
Associate in Computer Programming 2004 – 2005South Technical SchoolAuburn, Maine, USA
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science 2000 – 2004
De Vry University
Auburn, Maine, USA
Available upon request