The Public Relations Manager does more than issue press releases or bulletins. The position is responsible for creating, maintaining and defending the company’s reputation and image before its markets and the general public. The public relations manager is often the company spokesperson who appears of broadcast and print media in situations where information is needed for public consumption.
Public Relations Managers Resume Format
Donald F. Sachs
W. Randolph St., Chicago, Illinois
To work as a Public Relations Manger in a global company.
Summary of Qualification
- 7 years of experience in creating and sustaining a positive image for a telecoms company to overcome periodic negative public perception.
- Excellent brand marketing skills in the jewelry and watch industries.
- Excellent management, organization, diplomatic, people management and communication skills
Career Experience/Job History
2003 – Present: Public Relations Manager, Corporate Communications Department, AT&T
- Plan, design, develop and direct public relations programs that create and maintain a favorable public image for the company’s reputation.
- Defend the company’s environmental stand, political neutrality and other issues that may adversely affect the company’s public image,
- Issue press releases and appear in media in times of high profile court litigation and product scandals.
- Coordinate with advertising and marketing to have only one voice in dealing with both market and publics.
- Plan and direct corporate events with high public visibility using marketing resources, 3rd party event management and employee participation.
2003 – Present: In house trainings and workshops on handling public perceptions, industrial psychology, perception management and creating proper PR press releases.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration, Concordia University, Wisconsin
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request