Quality Assurance Engineers define, implement and monitor conformance with the manufacturing and service quality standards. They also evaluate in-process capability to ascertain process improvements before any system upgrade can be adopted to push the envelop to higher standards. The elements to QA can be methods, machine limits, input materials and worker attitudes. All these are parameterized into achievable QA metrics for the lead processors to implement.
Quality Assurance Engineer Resume Format
Eng. Henley J. Calvin
Darren Ave., Detroit, Michigan
Phone: (586) 254-9022
To be an Quality Assurance Engineer in a high technology production company
Summary of Qualifications
- About 9 years of experience as a QA engineer in an automotive manufacturing company.
- Certified as a Six-sigma expert.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills as well as supervisory, organization and interpersonal skills
Career Experience / Job History
2003 – Present: Quality Assurance Engineer, Body Works Section, General Motors
- Design and develop attainable QA metrics
- Develop manufacturing systems and floor layout for a balanced mix of quality output and optimum process efficiency
- Develop technologies and practices to maintain sustainability of quality production levels
- Perform in-process random quality checks, document and report results
- Supervise QA technicians in conducting quality control inspections
Successfully implemented improved body panel assembly process quality improvements in one of the SUV brands
2007 – Present: In-house and 3rd party seminars and workshops on Six Sigma
2003 – 2005: MS in Statistical Quality Control, Princeton University
2001: Passed board exams to become a Professional Engineer
1996 – 2001: BS in Electrical Engineering, MIT, Boston, MA
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request