At the forefront of the quality crusade in any manufacturing business is a team of Quality Assurance experts that ensure compliance to established quality performance metrics using statistical data monitoring. Along with the QA Inspector who gives the seal of approval for work done in accordance with QA standards, there’s the team of Quality Control Technicians who operate the machines and implement the procedures that ensure cost-effective ways to uphold these quality standards, gathering in-process to report on statistical quality control trending using techniques like six sigma.
Quality Control Technician Resume Format
John T. Baines
Brookhaven, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 768-1786
To work as a Quality Control Technician in a large service or manufacturing firm
Summary of Qualification
- 10 years of experience as a quality control technician in a bottling company.
- Certified as a six-sigma expert.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills as well as supervisory, organization and interpersonal skills
Career Experience/Job History
2000 – Present: Assistant QA Technician, Old Oaks Bottling Company
- Assist industrial and QA engineers in defining quality standards based on process capabilities Collect and analyze production data points indicative of quality performance
- Graph performance trends versus metrics in bulletin boards to increase shop floor awareness
- Implement the most cost-effective procedures and methods to conform with quality standards as defined by the QA engineers
- Perform in-process random quality testing and record results.
- Identify and analyze non-conforming production data and recommend corrective and prevention plans
Awarded the Employee of the Year for the years 2004, 2007 and 2009 for consistent perfect attendance
2000 – Present: Various in-house trainings and seminars on statistical quality control
1995 – 2000: BS Industrial Engineering, Cornell University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request