Cashiers and sales agents may do customer refunds outright on the retail floor but some industries require a processing lead time to adjudicate refund requests. The process check fits if the customer’s money has indeed entered the books and that a refund has been approved for whatever reason. Procedural accounting reversals require further approvals in a corporate accounting system. Airlines are among the many companies that use an elaborate revenue management system to prompt a refund of ticket purchases.
Refunds Clerk Resume Format
Ferdinand K. Hathaway
Belvedere, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 657-3554
To occupy a position as a Refunds Clerk in an airline or financial company
Summary of Qualification
- A decade of experience as a Refunds Clerk in an airline company.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills, interpersonal and social skills as well as organization skills
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Refunds Clerk, Continental Airlines
- Accept and process approved refund requests by checking airline accounting database of actual transactions as approved
- Recommend refund amount to Refunds Manager
- Advise customer by phone or email that refunds are ready to be picked up
- Effect money transfer to authorized banks.
- Journalize the fund reversal entries in the company’s accounting ledgers.
Consistently received management commendations for fast and error-free refund processing since 2006 to the present based on customer feedback
2000 – Present: Various in-house training and 3rd party seminars or funds management, airline ticketing operations and accounting system.
1997 – 2000: BS in Economics, Washington State University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request