Purchasing Agents, also known as corporate or wholesale buyers, are always on the lookout for the best deals in merchandise items and supplies that offer the best price for the quality and quantity. The objective is to populate the store shelves with products the market will buy, allow high merchandise shelf movement and provide the best returns for the stores
Retail Purchasing Agents Resume Format
Harold T. Gaylord
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Phone: (319) 556-8901
To work as a Lead or Senior Purchasing Agent in a specialty fashion retail chain store
Summary of Qualification
- 8 years of experience as a retail purchasing agent for a global fashion retail chain
- Excellent oral, writing and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills to deal with vendors and suppliers
Career Experience/Job History
2002 – Present: Purchasing Agent, Marks & Spencer, Iowa
- Work with the retail marketing manager to determine what specific and generic merchandise items need to be purchased.
- Get information from the retail store manager on the slow moving items and check if they are the same items suffering slow sales in other retail branches and reduce purchases if they are.
- Develop tactical purchasing programs to entice vendors to offer best deals
- Negotiate for the best wholesale price directly from the factories.
- Determine contractual terms and conditions in coordination with finance and recommend contract awards
- Arrange for the payment of bulk orders.
Cited by management for having the most record of successful shelf products with high turnover rates from 2006 to the present
2002 – Present: Various in-house trainings and seminars on retail operations and negotiation techniques
1999 – 2002: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Cornell University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request.