The Risk Manager analyzes risks factors facing the company in all aspects of the business, recommends plans and implements approved ones in mitigating risk exposures and containing fallouts, costs and reputation damage. The function also involves appraising management with real-time market, industry and government analyses that could pose as potential future risks to the business.
Risk Management Manager Resume Format
Emmanuel G. Hargrove
Porter Ave., Buffalo, NY
Phone: (718) 335-6783
To become a Risk Manager in an airline industry
Summary of Qualification
- Almost 8 years of experience in risk management function, starting out as a life insurance claims processor and rising through the ranks to a risk management manager in a large commercial airline.
- Excellent management and organizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Risk Management Manger – Delta Airlines
- Identify potential risks from within and outside the company.
- Develop risk mitigating plans and programs, policies and procedures to neutralize or reduce effects of threats and reduce or offset financials risks
- Recommend risk avoidance procedures whenever applicable.
- Make executive decisions on the maximum acceptable tolerances of each risk.
- Ensure the business gets the best deals in insuring its aircraft fleet and related resources
2003 – 2007: Non-Life Insurance Processor, Prudential Life
- Evaluate and process client application for non-life insurance
- Maintain record on application, renewals, reinstatements and cancellations of insurance plans
Portfolio of identified risks successfully mitigated available on request during interview
2003 – Present: various in-house trainings and 3rd party seminars on risk management and mitigation strategies.
2000 – 2003: MBA Major in Risk Management, Boston University
1992 – 1996: BS in Management, Vanderbilt University, Tennessee
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request