Every business needs a head of operations and in schools, this is best done by the school principal, often distinguished between the grade school and high school or between boys and girls departments. The principal in responsible for administering to its students and school faculty and represents the school in state and national educator’s conferences and seminars.
School Principal Résumé Format
Francine J.V. Elliot
Porter Ave., Buffalo, NY
Phone: (718) 336-8125
To become a school principal in charge of the high school department in a large Catholic school
Summary of Qualifications
- 12 years of experience in the academe, rising through the ranks from an English teacher to Vice-principal in grade school.
- Excellent administrative, management and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish
Career Experience / Job History
2005 – Present: Vice Principal, Grade School Department, Loyola High
- Assist the Principal in administering to the student honor roll
- Assigned to administer to the school’s delinquency board for errant students.
- Assist the Principal in developing annual operating budgets
- Implement the schools disciplinary code for both faculty and students.
- Oversee the development of curriculum application
- Meet regularly with concerned parents, teachers and school board members
1998 – 2005: English Teacher, Loyola High
- Prepare the annual and daily lesson plan in compliance with the school’s curriculum standard.
- Handle both English and English literature classes.
- Named Outstanding School Principal of 2002 by the Theobald Academy
- Attained the highest median score for the graduating class of 2006 for the state
2002 – 2004: MBA, California State University
1995 – 1998: BA in Education major in English, College of Notre Dame, Maryland
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request.