Securities Analysts explore and evaluate securities markets and trends to spot high yielding stocks, bonds and securities to enable the company’s financial mangers to maintain a reasonably profitable inventory of marketable securities instead of idle cash lying in low yield bank deposits. They are considered among the most vital sources of informant in the financial markets.
Securities Analyst Resume Format
Gerard L. V. Tyson
Toca Hills, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 376-3665
To be a lead securities analyst for a large manufacturing or retail company
Summary of Qualification
- 8 years of experience as a securities analyst for a large bank with specialty in analyzing securities markets in the automotive industry.
- Excellent command of the American and British English language
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Career Experience/Job History
2002 – Present: Securities Analyst, Bank of America, Georgia
- Analyze financial information about companies, stocks, bonds using daily stock quotes, bond performance reports, market and economic forecasts, trading volumes, quarterly financial statements and other financial statements and publications.
- Regularly meet with financial and investment planning managers to provide updates on investment landscape updates on select industries.
- Provide investment advice and recommendations to senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
- Coordinate with stock brokers and investment portfolio managers to secure the best yielding investment instruments.
- Call stock brokers to sell or implement divestment decisions.
- Travel to companies and conduct interviews with investors
Awarded Employee of the Year for 2 consecutive years – 2008 and 2009
2004 – 2006: MBA, Walden University
1999 – 2002: Bachelor of Science in Economics, New York State University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request