A search engine optimizer ‘optimizes’ web sites or specific web pages to make them more search-engine-friendly, thus getting elevated positions in search results.
This in turn improves the volume or quality of traffic to a web site or page from search engines’ search results.
When applying for a SEO job position, you must clearly indicate your knowledge and skills in the curriculum vitae or resume and try to impress the employer without appearing to boast.
Sample Search Engine Optimizer CV
8743 Pearl Agate
Elbert County, Colorado,
Cell: (777) 672 8932
Tel: (777) 672 6369
Seeking a placement in an SEO establishment where my technical skills and abilities will be fully utilized in Internet marketing as well as product marketing.
I have a passion as a writer by nature and my creative skills can propel a product to create an exceptional rank position in search engine results.
2007 – 2009: Search engine article writer, Blink Management, Fruitvale, Colorado
- Using web tools to track site traffic, rankings, and ultimately sales.
- Identifying and implementing strategies for increasing site traffic through organic search listings without being blacklisted
- Researching and resolving HTML code and content, link architecture and navigation issues
- Assisting in layout of web pages when required
- Continually monitoring organic search rankings to increase traffic and sales
- Analyzing website strategies and translating qualitative or anecdotal data into recommendations and tactics for revising the strategies
- Creating and reviewing regular sales reports for various online sites and promotions
- Researching keywords using Google, Overture, Word Tracker and internal tools
2003 – 2007: Advanced Diploma in Sales and Marketing – Texas Institute of Technology, TX