The Shop Avionics Technician conducts tests, repairs and overhaul of avionics equipment installed in the aircraft cockpit of military or commercial aircraft. There are two type of avionics technicians – line avionics who repair inside the aircraft for minor faults and the shop avionics who repairs routed avionics equipment to the shops from the line.
Shop Avionics Technician Resume Format
Harold H. Benson
Fountain Valley, LA, California
Phone: (818) 453-3876
To be an avionics technician assigned to the B747 Boeing maintenance of a large commercial airline or freighter
Summary of Qualification
- 9 years as an avionics technician with specialty on the B747 series of widebody aircraft.
- High computer literacy in using parts inventory and job tracking systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Spanish.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Avionics Technician “A” , Saudi Arabian Airlines
- Perform test, repair and complete overhaul of avionics navigational instrumentation on the B747, 200 and 400 passenger and freighter aircrafts
- Perform tests and minor repair on Airbus A300, A320 and A340-800 aircrafts.
- Comply with repair procedures of avionics manufacturers
- Comply with US-FAA maintenance standards for each aircraft types trained for
- Perform data entry in the automated daily productivity system
- Participate actively in productivity and quality improvement programs on the shop floor.
2001 – 2005 : Aircraft Mechanic Technician “B”, Ryanair, Stansted
- Test, repair and overhaul avionics instrumentation on the B737 in the 800 series.
- Comply with UK-CAA and US-FAA avionics maintenance standards
Cited Employee of the Year in 2006, 2008 to the present for perfect attendance and consistent high repair output performance r throughout each of these years
1997 – 2001: BS Aeronautic Engineering, undergraduate, Imperial College, London
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request