Making a software engineer resume is not as easy as you think. This is not as simple as following other resume samples because this resume is very particular with details.
In other words, the format this CV follows is especially designed for software engineers only. But, it still contains the usual sections such as the heading, professional background and abilities.
Aside from the basic parts, addition of specific details regarding this particular career is present.
Software Engineer Resume Format
1456 Jilliane Road Chicago, IL 98567
Home (5556) 455-9870
An expert Software Engineer specializing in Object-oriented Analysis and Design. Extensive experience in the entire life cycle of software design process like definition prototyping, design, interface and maintenance.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong management skills in leading and mentoring individuals to maximize levels of productivity while building cohesive group environments.
- Complete understanding of Java Technology and recognized as one of the initial people to use Java as a sway for RAID Configuration Solution.
- Cum Laude graduate with a Bachelor in Business Administration major in Accounting.
- Resolves issues or defects flawlessly and often sought for advice by other colleagues.
- Hardware: RAID Disk Arrays, Peripherals, Network/Memory Cards, NCR 5100
- Software: Borland J Builder, White Box Deep Cover (Code Metrics), Visual Café
- Systems: NCR MP-RAS, Windows (95, 98, 2000, XP)
- Languages: C++, C, XML, HTML, Java, Pascal
- APIS: Swing, Java Comm, Java Transaction API. Layout Management, Localization, Javadoc
- Frameworks: J2EE, CORBA
- Concepts: Multiprocess synchronization, Module and Systems Level Testing, Networking, UML, Design Patterns.
B.S in Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics, May 1990
Berkeley University, California
Graduated Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.63 on a 4.0 scale
MMM Corporation, Los Angeles, CA 1991-1997
Support Team Lead Engineer
Responsible for the development of Level 2 of NCR 3600 integration test process within NCR Large Systems Group. Created a testing methodology for UNIX platform integration.
AAA, New York, NY 1997 – present
Software Engineer, Java Design and Development
Handled presentation to management, obtained approval and implemented Java product for Storage Array.
Created utility that enabled creation of downloadable packages with remote Storage Array controller.
Made available upon request