Software Job Resume
A software job resume format summarizes a person’s career in the field of technology with focus on software jobs. Employers in this field usually look for certain details in a resume.
Unlike the managerial jobs that have diverse functions, a job of a software resource person is limited to the nature of the job. This means that to get an interview, you must present only the details relevant to this field.
These details include your work experience in the technological field, such as programming or software development. You may elaborate your functions and roles in bullets after you have listed your position, company name, and dates.
The meat of a software job resume, however, is composed of the languages, software, and hardware that you have mastered. When the reader does not see keywords such as Java or C++, they immediately lose interest in the resume.
On the other hand, the other sections in your resume provide basis for your skills. For example, you have first learned your software skill from your college. Thus, presenting your education history is relevant, although this section is placed at the end.
Moreover, personal information and references are also added, while your career profile is summarized at the beginning of your resume.
Software Job Resume Format and Example
153 East Apartments, Montpelier
Seeking an administrative position where I can apply my knowledge and further develop my skills in programming
- 4 years of experience in programming, with knowledge on different software languages and programs
- Employed by a reputable software and technological company
- Dedicated and motivated learner
- Skillful and receptive
- Competent in analyzing problem and able to come up with solutions fast
- Skillful in constructing the required programs of clients
- Knowledgeable in handling and fixing technical and software problems
- Visual Basic, Oracle
- HTML, Java, J2EE
- DOS, DOS-VM
- Windows 3.1, OS-MFT
Software and Hardware
- Data expert, CMS, MS Office, C++
- IBM 40, IBM 260, IBM 215
- Certificate of Programming (CTP)
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
- Technical Competency Area (TCA)
- Computer Science Diploma
Air Craft Maintenance Technician 2006 – present
- Runs programs of different clients of different departments within the organization
- Works with a team of major programmers to achieve target under time constraint
- Perform program maintenance for the programs created by the team
- Facilitates learning and software experiences within the group of junior programmers
- Reports directly to the Programming Administrator
Assistant Aircraft Maintenance Technician 2004 – 2006
Delta Express Air Lines
- Handled minor programming maintenance
- Supervised by the Senior Programmers
- Worked with a team to gain experience in programming
- Achieved “satisfactory” grade from supervisors and managers
- Endorsed for promotion by the Vice President of IT
Bachelor Science in Computer Science 2000 – 2004
University of Vermont
- Major in Computer Science
- Minors in Programming, and Engineering Science
- Graduated Cum Laude standing
- Dean’s Lister for 4 semesters
Available upon request