Sports Agents act as the representative of athletes in business transactions and other contract-signing activities. They negotiate with partners, sponsors and endorsement companies so that the athlete gets the best deal taking into consideration the athlete’s best interests. Sports Agents are experts in the sport field where their athlete is involved in and ensure that they are updated with the operations, activities and politics of the arena. They must have excellent assessment, marketing and sales skills as well as management skills. Exemplary skills in communication and interpersonal skills are also necessary to command the craft of closing deals.
Sports Agent Resume Format
Organized and meticulous individual is seeking for a job as a Sports Agent for an athlete or sport team where I can exercise my management skills.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years working as a Sports Agent for a basketball player.
- Highly familiar with athlete financial activities and operations.
- Knowledgeable and updated on ball sport activities and shifts in management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills.
- Exceptional skill in written and oral communication.
- Highly organized and efficient in supervising financial activities, closing contracts and deals.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Sports Agent, Randy Green-The London Hoopers
- Manage the sport schedule, games and exhibition bookings of the athlete.
- Draft contracts, discussed and made deals for product endorsements.
- Ensure the welfare and best interest of the athlete when dealing with team owners, coordinators and other entities.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.