Sports Directors work for the media, usually for television or radio stations. They are in charge of covering sports events and creating programs for sports to be aired. To be successful in this job, sports directors must possess excellent knowledge of the sports and athlete industry. They must be aware of the sports teams playing in their area and identify games that are significant enough to be covered. They also must be able to understand the sport itself – its principles, theories and techniques, to be able to give sound commentaries and draft good concepts for their programs. As sports directors, they practically manage the operations of the staff composed of writers and reporters, cameramen and announcers.
Sports Director Resume Format
Resourceful and passionate individual looking for a job as sports director in a reputable media company where I can gain more knowledge and hands-on experience.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess three years of work experience as a sport director.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in visualizing programs and incorporating marketing skills.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong ability to establish relationships with sports personalities to gain access to information.
- Has the drive to oversee the production of programs and give tasks to staff.
- With strong leadership skills to accomplish goals under deadlines.
- Capable of managing a team.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Sports Director, Sports Night, CBS
- Create the sports programs for the evening broadcast of the TV station as well as its radio counterpart.
- Give tasks and responsibilities to reporters and writers accordingly.
- Supervise the production of the program from the final editing of the scripts to the recording and live broadcast.
- Give counsel to the management regarding the change in focus and themes of the sports program.
2006 – 2010: Bachelor of Arts in Sport Reporting, Liverpool University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.