Student Counselors or better known as educational counselor guides students in their difficulties, and in particular in solving their educational and career related problems and concerns. They can give guidance and counselling through individual sessions or do it simultaneously or in a group. They also discuss with parents, guardians, teachers, school officials and administrators, professionals, and school psychologists regarding strategies and programs of development for students. Counsellors give topic discussion and counselling to student or group of students regarding issues such as social skills, academic issues, behavioural issues, bullying, sexual harassment, assertiveness training and transition for primary to secondary school.
Student Counselor Resume Format
Finsbury Park, LondonN4 5LN
Seeking a position as a clinic counsellor to help student in realizing their full potential
Summary of Qualification
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel and Power Point Presentation
- Wide experience in clinical counselling
- Strong experience in providing student counselling to cope up with their anxiety, tension and mental pressures
- Thorough knowledge of student rights and policies.
- Ability to perform under pressure
- High standards of verbal and written communication skills
Career Experience/Job History
2010 – Present: Student Counselor, London Academy
- Spearhead a research project to draw data showing impact of school counseling programs on students
- Maintained sound relationship with students and staff
- Communicated with school authorities in preparing lecture and advocacy programs per year level
- Conducted twenty two successful individual counseling
2006 – 2010: Bachelor of Science in Education, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.