Using CAD/CAM PC workstations, the Technical Illustrator generates 2D and 3D technical drawings of complex electro-mechanical parts for use as reference in engineering and technical works in any industry. Technical illustrators also harness animation tools to illustrate not only the “what” but also the “how” in critical machine components. A resume as a technical illustrator benefits from a portfolio of works done.
Technical Illustrator Resume Format
Dewey K. Lister
Valley Ford, Sonoma, CA
Phone: (707) 348-8452
To be part of a team of technical illustrators for a manufacturing company with an in-house technical reference manual to maintain.
Summary of Qualifications
- About 9 years of experience as technical illustrator for a large car manufacturing company.
- Excellent technical drafting skills as well as verbal and written communication skills in English and German.
Career Experience / Job History
2001 – Present: Technical Illustrator, Porsche Gmbh
- Render illustrations based on actual or photographed parts and CAD drawing originally made by engineering
- Draft preliminary illustrations using Corel Draw for approval
- Use state-of-the-art drawing and animation tools to render automotive parts
- Finalized approved illustration for file embedding prior to printing or upload to online user manuals.
- Revise easting illustrations as directed
- Received management commendations from the technical training department for excellent 3D graphics of automotive parts consistently between 2005 to the present
- Portfolio of illustration available on request during interview
2001 – Present: various in house trainings and seminars on modern and environment-friendly waste management
1999 – 2001: BS in Mechanical Engineering (Undergraduate), Paris Dauphine University, France
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request