Tour Guides are mainly responsible for the arrangement and implementation of tour plans of a certain group usually those who are on vacation or on educational trips. They are also sometimes called escorts because they guide the tourists and make sure that they get the most information from the places they visit. Tour Guides and Escorts are very knowledgeable of the safety practices and tour regulations sanctioned specifically by the state. Because they handle people in the groups, they must be able to comply with the requirements of the areas they visit such as clearances, identifications and others. Tour Guides and Escorts may work independently or under a tour and travel agency or hotels.
Tour Guide and Escorts Resume Format
Leopold Street, Bow
Phone: 123 7351 5557
Enthusiastic individual with pleasing personality seeking for a job as Tour Guide and Escort in a travel agency
Summary of Qualification
- Exceptional social and interpersonal skills with a variety of people.
- Possess good skill in time management and activity supervision.
- With a wide network of individuals and companies in the tourism industry.
- Experienced in giving tours for the education sector, individuals and foreign and local tourists.
- With excellent skills in encouraging group to take part in activities and learn from the tour.
- Excellent in planning tours and activities and coordinating with concerned offices.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Tour Guide, Angel Wings Travel and Tours
- Ensure that activities and schedules fit the availability and convenience of tourists.
- Responsible for implementing the tours and holding the activities that come with it.
- Supervise and direct tour groups of different ages to accomplish daily schedules.
- Monitor the safety and adherence of the group to rules and regulations during the tours
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Arts in Tourism, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.