When you hear “All aboard…last call for Chicago” in a train station, that’s the Train Yardmaster or the train conductor doing his job as the train pulls out of the rail terminal. The job calls for coordinating the activities of train crews and passengers in order to keep the train operation running smoothly and on schedule. Once the train pulls out, they check on passenger tickets and collect fares, announce upcoming trains stations and stops, announce safety rules and answer passenger queries.
Train Conductor/Yardmaster Resume Format
Victor C. Timoshenko
Belvedere, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 461-5509
To be part of train conductors crew working for a high speed passenger rail transport operator
Summary of Qualifications
- About 5 years of experience as a train conductor at a large passenger and freight train operator
- Excellent interpersonal and conversational skills as well written and verbal communicating skills in English.
Career Experience / Job History
2005 – Present: Train Conductor/Yardmaster, Amtrak
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of passenger train crew members
- Ensure operations are run in accordance with train schedule and operating standards and procedure.
- Communicate with crew members by two-way radio to provide and receive train operation information.
- Inspect passenger tickets and collect fares on board passenger trains ad necessary.
- Announce approaching train stops and provide information to passenger enquiries
- Prepare and submit train run reports to the operations manager.
Received management commendation for exemplary customer service performance as gathered from passenger feedback
2005 – Present: In-house training on rail transport operations and customer management
2003 – 2005: BA Commerce (undergraduate), DeVry University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request