Industry unions employ professionals who are authoritative enough to act as a bridge between its members with company officials and owners on key areas like worker rights, benefit entitlement and working conditions, as well as the union entitlements of members under the union contract. These are the Union Representatives which are industry specialists in mediating between labor and management.
Union Representative Résumé Format
Atty. Damien J. Gutierrez
Porter Ave., Buffalo, NY
To be part of a the team of union representative in the airline industry
Summary of Qualifications
- 14 years of experience in labor relations profession in the airline industry
- 5 years as an assistant legal adviser to the airline union
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish
Career Experience / Job History
2002 – Present: Union Representative, Airline Employees Association
- Administer union member benefits such as life insurance, personal loans, retirement plans, hospitalization benefits, etc.
- Handle labor relations issues such as medication meetings, grievance filings and collective bargaining agreements
- Meet with management to resolve employee grievances and issues
- Assist union officials in strategizing action plans and campaigns like sit-downs, strikes or pickets
1996 – 2002: Labor Relations Assistant, United Airlines
- Assist HR management and corporate legal affairs in handling internal labor cases for arbitration as well as collective bargaining negotiations.
Assisted in the collective bargaining agreements in the years 1998 and 2001 for United and represented the union in successful CBA negotiations for the years 2004 and 2008
2004: passed the Legal bar exams
1996 – 1999: Bachelor of Laws, Cornell University
1993 – 1996: Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration, New York State University
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request