University Sports Instructors are educated individuals who are experts in the rules and fundamentals of a particular sport. They are knowledgeable in the principles and techniques of the sport and their main task is to impart this knowledge to university students. They explain the sport and demonstrate the necessary skills to execute it. Their main responsibility is to teach the sport to students who belong to different levels, from freshmen to seniors. In the university, sports instructors are also tasked to create the sports program of the university staff members who belong to certain departments. And in most instances, they coach the university varsity sports teams.
University Sports Instructor Resume Format
West Midlands, B37 0AF
Resourceful and hard-working professional is looking for the opportunity to join a university as a university sports instructor where I can utilize my knowledge in athletics.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of experience working as a university sports instructor.
- Outstanding teaching skills using different methods and tools.
- Strong physical physique and endurance for sport and athletic trainings.
- Excellent ability to coach teams in ball sports.
- Proven ability in drafting sports programs for different groups.
- Unequalled dependability and work harmoniously with other faculty members.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: University Sports Instructor, Birmingham University
- Create and implement sports and athletic lesson plans.
- Develop the interest of students in a specific sport and involve them in training.
- Utilize existing sports equipment and facilities of the university and make the most for physical and sports skill training.
- Work closely with other instructors in the sport and athletic department.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, BirminghamUniversity
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.